Friday, November 13, 2009

Social Issue" Domestic Violence"




...For my social issue I took a picture of a young teenage girl who is blindly in love and doesn’t realize that she is being harmed incredibly deep by an abusive boyfriend. I took this picture in black and white. My statement was made in red, to alert and make people understand that she is in a risky and dangerous relationship and that she should just get out of it. I chose to do it on a young girl because as teenagers we are blind and haven’t yet woken up to see everything. We think we have seen it all but we haven’t yet seen anything. Many girls allow having an abusive relationship; because they saw their parents go through it and saw that everything was going well, although a violent, abusive and jealous relationship is never right.
…I interpret my social issue as something I wish would stop amongst us girls. I relate this issue in my life because I have seen maybe not as much domestic violence but enough. This has always been an issue for me and it is something I would love for it to stop. This issue is truly strong towards me because it is something that should simply not happen at all.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Good Job Lupe. I like your statement along with your picture. We discussed in class how your picture would be a little better if you weren't slightly smiling... but other then that I think you did a good job. I am also thinking it might look good if you hyped up the contrast to make it more intense. Thats just an idea. Anyway- Well done.