Friday, February 5, 2010

Personal Quilt




























When beginning to create my quilts I had in mind to do something simple, but that yet tells what it is that is going on. As I began working on this project I wasn't sure yet of what it was I wanted, my idea developed later on when I started when I began working on the Inside Me Quilt.

Out of all Four square quilts I made, my favorite one was the Inside Me quilt. It was my favorite one because in that specific square I was able to express myself deeply. I believe the hardest part where I struggled was developing an idea.
I wasn't so surprised to hear what other people said about me, because what I said about myself is mainly what people said about me.
Some of the symbols I used were clouds and the bright light I used in everyone of my quilts. I used this symbols because although life seems like a storm there is always a light and an opening when something goes wrong.
I was honest with what I placed in my quilt squares, however I do wish I would've been more detailed. It was hard for me to express myself visually, because I don't know how to do so in a way where it wouldn't be too depressing.
If I could be able to repeat this project I would change my quilts a bit. I would add more details and more objects and creativity by not taking the style I have chose away.







No comments: