Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Art Show- Social Issue

For my social issue I took a picture of a young teenage girl who is blindly in love and doesn't realize that she is being harmed incredibly deep by an abusive boyfriend. I took this picture in black and white. My statement was made in red, to alert and make people understand that she is in a risky and dangerous relationship and that she should just get out of it. I chose to do it on a young teenage girl because as teenagers we are blind and haven't yet woken up to see everything. We think we have seen it all but we haven't yet seen anything. Many girls allow having an abusive relationship because they saw their parents go through it and saw that everything was going well, although a violent, abusive, jealous relationship is never right.
I interpret my social issue as something I wish would stop amongst us girls. I relate this issue in my life because I have seen maybe not as much as domestic violence but enough. This has always been an issue for me and it would be something I would love to see stop. This issue is extremely important and it is something I feel very strong about because simply it is something that should not be happening at all.



No comments: